1) Feb. 1st, 2008: The "Hard Day's Night" Hotel opens in Liverpool. http://www.luxist.com/2008/02/08/beatles-hotel-opens-in-liverpool/
2) Feb. 4th, 2008: NASA transmits the Beatles "Across the Universe" into outer space. Which contains the repeating message Jai guru deva om (loosely translated from Sanskrit as "hail to the divine guru") as it's chorus.
3) Feb. 5th, 2008: Director Julie Taymor's (a woman with a HIGHLY interesting resume', and KING fetish) Beatles musical "Across the Universe" is released on DVD in the U.S.
4) Feb. 5th, 2008: Former Beatles guru and inspiration for the song "Across the Universe", the Maharishi Mahesh Yogi dies at his home in the Netherlands; alert and in full yoga posture.
5) Feb. 9th, 2008: At the memorial service in Australia for the late Heath Ledger some interesting connections resonate...
The service also featured a video tribute to the star, including footage from home movies, his films and photos of his daughter, Matilda, set to “Happily Ever After in Your Eyes,” a song Ledger’s business partner, Ben Harper, wrote for the two-year-old girl. Other songs played during the service included Bob Dylan’s “The Times They Are a-Changin,” the Beatles’ “Here Comes the Sun,” Powderfinger's “These Days,” Pink Floyd's “Wish You Were Here” and the White Stripes “Seven Nation Army.”
During the private service, Williams read Shakespeare's Sonnet 18, which begins "Shall I compare thee to a summer's day," reports E! News.
The small group then joined approximately 200 mourners who were gathered for a wake at a waterfront restaurant at Perth’s Cottesloe Beach, a surfing resort. As the sun was beginning to set over the Indian Ocean, about 50 people ran laughing and cheering into the water, some stripping to their underwear, others – like Williams – jumping in fully clothed.
After the spontaneous dip, the group linked arms and stood in silence, watching the sun set. Someone in the group shouted: "The sun goes down on our love, but it will never go down on our Heathy.”
6) Feb. 10th, 2008. The 50th Annual Grammy Awards pays tribute to The Beatles with a combination of performers from Cirque du Soleil's Beatle inspired "Love" show, cast members from the above mentioned film "Across the Universe".
7)Feb. 11th, 2008. Sir Paul McCartney and estranged wife Heather Mills return to court for their ongoing divorce settlement.
Spreading the LOVE Across the Universe