The logo has 5 Points of design that pay TRIbute to 9/11 and the destroyed site.
1) The logo DOUBLES as a TRIDENT to represent the steel columns at the base of the original building.
Please see my post here dated Monday, December 15th 2008 entitled "WTC: World TRIDENT Center" for more on this.
Rescued WTC DOUBLE TRIDENTS now reside inside the 9/11 Memorial. "33" A nod to our Masonic heritage?
2) The logo also DOUBLES as a "W" which is said to stand for World Trade Center as well as Westfield World Trade shopping center, set to open in 2015. (I would also suggest that the letter "W" itself can be seen as a TRIDENT...and a likely TRIbute to then President George W Bush, who I feel was complicit in the acts of 9/11/2001)
3) The two negative parallel spaces on top are supposed to evoke the "TRIbute in Light"
4) The bottom two columns are supposed to evoke the 9/11 Memorial's reflecting pools (As Above, So Below...MIRRORS & DOUBLES)
5) And finally the top three bars of the TRIDENT are sloped at a very specific 17.76 degrees. This is intended to MIRROR the approx. height of the original TWIN Towers. And perhaps more appropriately the year 1776.
W=23, T=20, C=3...2323