Current News from The Looking Glass:


Tuesday, September 18, 2007

"They're capable of anything"

Thursday, September 13th 2007, a synch that passed me by all weekend until last night...

Google announces $30 Million dollar X Prize for Moon Landing by Dec. 31st 2012


that very same day O.J. Simpson enters a Las Vegas hotel room with a gun and orders that his property be returned to him...several days later he finds himself in custody possibly facing 6 felony charges. Much of what is known thus far seems as if O.J. might have a beef.


So what, right? Well...consider this.



Although thematically Capricorn One is a typical 1970s government-conspiracy thriller with similarities to Hyams's subsequent film Outland, the story was inspired by allegations that the Apollo Moon landings were a hoax.[1] Producer Paul Lazarus appeared in the 2001 Fox Television Network special, Conspiracy Theory? Did We Land on the Moon? and stated that "I believe — had they wanted to — that NASA could indeed have pulled off the greatest hoax of all time, never sent anyone to the moon and recreated it in a television studio... I believe it could have been done at that time; the technology was in place".

wikipedia entry for Capricorn One






Director Peter Hyams helmed several other interesting films after Capricorn One. Including "Outland", "2010: The Year We Make Contact" (during which he was heavily in contact with Arthur C. Clarke), "The Star Chamber", "Timecop", "End of Days" and the 2005 Time-travel flop "A Sound of Thunder"



4 comments:

David said...

Not so much taking the piss but extracting it via methods that make strip-mining look like landscape gardening.

Anonymous said...

Dear Todd,

As a gesture of good faith - I assure you that I am not self-promoting. I think the harmony between our sites is important. Note the following syncs.

From The WWWiz, Sept. 15. 'Hoo Am I - A Mystery Story'

- A Butterfly Theme
- A Double D as in 'Dare Dan'(note the similarity between Dr. Dan and DaRe Dan).
- A severe head injury (see the comment from 'chase the devil' on THE SAME posting that I left a lengthy comment).

From The WWWiz, Sept 14. 'Flaming Heart'

-The use of the term 'changeling' in the same past where aferrismoon comments on Mike Oldfield.

I add that the entire basis of my theory is that the planet earth indeed the ENTIRE UNIVERSE AS WE KNOW IT, is inside the MOON.

The critical posts are:

- The Haploid Affair and We Are Illuminatus! (published in July) and Sunny Side Up (published in June)

There are many other syncs between us that are too subtle for me to grasp, but I feel it has to do with Kubrick.

To cap my good faith, I would not be hurt if chose against publishing this comment. Even so I hope you do. I am not having you on.

Get back to me if you can...I check my site (and your own these days) hourly

Da WWWiz

FilmNoir23 said...

I am not opposed to self-promoting, as long as you've got something good to say. And you my friend, always do so by all means have at it.

I don't NOT doubt the synergies between our sites (and I promise I'll go back and see all the ones you have pointed out). I have gone through period where I thought aferrismoon was reading my mind.

I am excited by these similarities, they egg me on from across the globe. It makes me feel as though we are on the right path, and doing what's best.

I am checking your site and others on my list hourly (and sometimes more) as well.

FilmNoir23 said...

OUCH, excuse that horrid double-negative I just threw out into the ether.